AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC with Nero 8 and it won't play BD's directly from disc. I don't care. I use tsremux to pull out the video and audio track. If the audio is DD 5.1 no problem. If the audio is TrueHD no problem, I just select the "convert to DD 5.1" box in tsremux and Showtime plays the resulting file just fine.

The problem is with DTS-HD Master Audio. Ticking that same box in tsremux results in a file Showtime will not play.

So I us tsremux to pull out the audio and video tracks separately. The video plays in Showtime perfectly, just no sound of course. Next I use DTScore to pull the compressed 5.1 audio track from the DTS-HD stream. This audio track by itself will also play in Showtime no problem.

Now if I us muxer to mux the audio and video, which both played by themselves into either TS, M2TS, or Blu-Ray format the resulting file will not play in Showtime.

This has been going on for a while now and I just cannot find a workaround.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm going to assume that Nero Showtime can handle HD Audio....do you have LPCM working?

Assuming that, I'm confused as to why you downmix TrueHD to DD 5.1 but not downmix DTS-MA to DTS. My scheme is to use tsMuxer for DTS-MA and LPCM based movies since it can handle playlist files for input. I use bdinfo and tsReMuxer for TrueHD based movies. I now own a Popcorn Hour A-110 device which brought to light a bug in tsMuxer and TrueHD tracks. My HTPC would play it back with PowerDVD, keep in mind.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for trying to help me.

My HTPC is connected to my Surround Sound Receiver using SPDIF so all multichannel audio has to be downmixed to compressed format. TrueHD compresses in tsremux no problem but not DTS-HD Master. If I pull out the streams, then mux the DTS core and video it still won't play in Showtime. I have all the plugs for Showtime.

Beefcake - Whey tsMuxer for DTS-MA and LPCM and tsremux for TrueHD? Don't TrueHD movies also use playlists?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts