AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this is the first time using a forum so I hope I'm doing this right:

I am currently using a yamaha rxv567 in conjunction with a ps3 slim console to play blu rays. In the past when the yamaha was on direct setting the dtshd symbol would be illuminated however after playing with the settings on my amp to output audio from my pc (which is now working), when I'm playing a blurry now it's using PCM rather than DTSHD. I am using hdmi 1.4 spec cables and the settings on the ps3 are the same as before so it can't be those two options. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Again sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

Darren

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
The receiver doesn't control the format that gets sent from the player. The player does that. So, if you are getting PCM, that's because the player is decoding the track itself and sending PCM. I know you said you haven't changed anything in the player. But, it sure looks that way.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Sometimes the display can send back it's capabilities to sources and it makes it through the AVR. There are some times settings for this though in the AVR. That could limit the source to 2 channel PCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts