AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My HTPC is using an HD4550 connected via HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-919AH-K. I use TMT3 Platinum to watch bluerays and the receiver is decoding the sound as DTS Neo 6.

Is DTS Neo 6 the best format I can achieve with this setup or are there any configutions/settings I could change to achieve better sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
DTS Neo 6 is one of the formats that can be sent via S/PDIF, meaning it is pretty heavily compressed. It is basically 5.1 or 6.1 presented over matrixed stereo material. I bellieve your BD playing software should be able to decode the TrueHD (or DTS Master) track on the BD, and send it out via 8-channel LPCM, albeit downsampled to 16bit/48kHz from 24bit/96kHz. Depending on your speakers, though, you likely not to hear any actual difference.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltiodolfo /forum/post/16855198

Hi guys. My HTPC is using an HD4550 connected via HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-919AH-K. I use TMT3 Platinum to watch bluerays and the receiver is decoding the sound as DTS Neo 6.

Is DTS Neo 6 the best format I can achieve with this setup or are there any configutions/settings I could change to achieve better sound?

Thanks!

I think you need to set your auto-surround mode to stream direct...

That way, you will get the pure DTS or DD track.

You need the Xonar HDAV if you want to see TrueHD or DTS HD MA light up on the amp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.