AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for what its worth - this is a great sale. (but their site is horrible - keeps giving me errors).

EVERY DVD MOVIE AND DVD MUSIC VIDEO IN STOCK PRICED $12.50 & UNDER

http://email.anides.com/cgi/s.cgi?wh...d-frames2.html

Stock up on brand new DVDs for less than the price of a used DVD!

We're moving our warehouse, but we don't want to pay a fortune to move our inventory. That's why we're offering our tremendous discount to you. All are priced at $12.50 & under. These are all brand new, in the original shrink-wrap. Don't miss out, inventory is limited to stock on hand.

SPECIAL CLEARANCE SALE ON DTS 5.1 CDs - $7.95 EACH

http://email.anides.com/cgi/s.cgi?wh...d-frames2.html

DTS Entertainment recently began to repackage all 5.1 CDs into the taller Super-Jewel boxes, with a new banner identifying them as "5.1 Music Discs." This will be the ongoing package for these incredible 5.1-channel music re-mixes.

While supply lasts, we are now clearing out our existing inventory of the 5.1 music recordings previously packaged in the standard CD jewel cases. These are indeed the same exact discs... just a different package--- and they are a "steal" at the unprecedented clearance price of only $7.95 each!!

This is a Clearance Sale, quantities are limited to stock-on-hand and fulfillment is first come, first served. Certain items may be out of stock before we can ship them to you. Out of stock items will NOT be back ordered.

Confirmation of your order does not guarantee that all items ordered will be shipped.

By your placing this order you authorize us to ship any partial order without your subsequent authorization.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURNS OTHER THAN FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I tried seven times to order my "cart" and each time I got errors. This must be the worst user interface I have ever seen. Arghhh - is anyone else having problems? Knowing my luck, you are all purchasing the remaining DVDs and I'll get stiffed :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
RJS,

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

It wasn't easy to order. I had to keeping hitting the refresh button and hitting the resend/retry the info button when it did fail, but it finally came through.

Hopefully the things I ordered aren't all gone.

Thanks again!!!!

David

·
Registered
219 Posts
This site has problems. I am getting Internal Server Errors all over the place.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks RJS for the info. Wow it took me about 30 minutes to order four discs. I did get an e-mail confirmation of the order as well. I also kept getting server errors but kept hitting the refresh button like David Ortiz did and it eventually went through. You have to be really patient with this site or it will drive you crazy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I keep trying and I'm getting a server error from them. Hope they fix it real soon, I want Dante's Peak, SPR (finally) and few others.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I finally got my order in last night. I ordered 5 discs - $12.50 each and shipping ended up being about $7.00 (no tax). Included in my order is Gimme Shelter (orig $39.95). I have ordered from DTS before (a plaque) and they had great service. It wasnt over $50, so I dont know what the free gift was. I am sure it would be something cheap like a hat pin or something.

Their site is still very bad, maybe people should try calling them. When my DTS plaque arrived it was cracked, so I called them and they fed-exed me a new one for no cost (and I still have the cracked one).

Good Luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How can you even trust an order through a lousy site like this, I hope this is not an indication for DTS future:mad:

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
I have always had problems with the site and wasn't able to order. I hope the multiple refresshers don't have 10 copies of the same 4 disks....

Tim

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did everyone who order received a e-mail confirmation? I wait 30 minutes for it to process my order last night, but no confirmation.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I tried before and could never get far enough to check out. Now I see they've shut it down until Dec 3rd:

Quote:
Due to overwhelming response to our Clearance Sale, the Music Disc/DVD Sections of our Online Store are ... well ... offline.

They will be re-opening for business on Monday, December 3, 2001. We cannot accept phone or FAX orders at this time.
Doesn't say if the sale will continue at that time. Oh well :(.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Told you guys it was a good sale :)

Probably would have made sense for them to charge more than 12.50 per.

Hope mine arrive.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Glad I finished my order last night. I tried a couple days ago and finally got my cart filled with about 8 dvd's and then it wouldn't accept my credit card. I went back to the site and my cart was still filled so I tried again and this time it went through. Got my email confirmation. Added a DTS plaque to finish off the deal. Hope I get all the dvd's I asked for though.

oh and one last thing....(in the voice of the comic book store guy from the Simpsons)

Worst...e-tailer...ever!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Bummer, due to overwheliming response to their sale, they are offline until Dec 3rd.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
arghh - the one I was really excited to get was not available. But I did get 4. oh well.

Due to the overwhelming response to our sale, we are unable to completely fill your order. Listed below are the items that are not available. Please note that we have not charged your credit card for the entire order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, please give us a call.

Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.