AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Win2000 SP2 along with ATI DVD 7.6 Player and PowerDVD 4.0 XP, I believe it is the Standard Edition since it came bundled with my dvd-rom, My question: I thought I read you could change the registry to do DD/DTS SPDIF Passthrough in PowerDVD. Is this true or do I need to purchase the Audio Pack for DTS ? Doesn't make sense why I should have to pay for the DTS Audio pack if Powerdvd isn't going to do the DTS Decoding - I just want to pass it through via SPDIF and my Soundblaster Live to my DD/DTS receiver - I already PAID the rights to do the decoding at my receiver - why pay again ???? I couldn't find the thread again on the registry change or recall if it applied to my scenario. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
DTS pack is for software decoding into 6 channels (5.1) for amp. or amplified speakers. PowerDVD XP can do DTS passthrough by itself if you enable SPDIF output, has SPDIF cable hooked to digital in of your DD/DTS capable receiver.

The registry hack people were using was to allow PowerDVD XP audio filters to be used with Zoomplayer while they use ATI 7.5 for video. It involves creating the following in dword values in the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD]

"DSAUIF"=dword:00000004

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD]

"DSAUIF"=dword:00000004

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huey - this is interesting I did some more research while waiting - on the cyberlink user manuals for standard edition page 8 of 108 - it states that SPDIF passthrough is provided for DD. (Again "Passthrough" NOT software decoding)

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/p...XP_ENU_STD.pdf

On page 8 of 110 of the Deluxe manual it states that SPDIF passthrough is provided for DD and DTS
http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/p...PDVDXP_ENU.pdf

What gives ? It sounds like what i want to do will work but the online manuals are confusing me!!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
the registry changes huey mentioned work for both dd and dts with the standard xp (non delux) software.

The may also work with the delux version but I do not run that software so can not say for sure. In addition, I believe that the latest Release candidate version of zoomplayer has menu entries that allow you to make your selections without editing the registry directly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.