AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I enable this in zoomplayer. I have soundstorm on my motherboard which is preventing DTS from reaching my receiver. I have nvdia, powerdvd, and windvd filters installed. I don't see any option for passthru in either filter's properties.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
hi Paul.

Power DVD and WinDVD can be configured on the External options.

Nvidia decoder can be configured on the fly or in DVD options.

All to use DD/DTS SPDIF passthrough. You didn't mention anything about DD passthrough.

Then play a DTS video/film/, right click and choose DTS under language. Not sure if you have already done this so bear w/ me.

I use ZP and use Soundstorm too...mike...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketech
hi Paul.

Power DVD and WinDVD can be configured on the External options.
Ok, I fired up both Powerdvd and Windvd and searched thru their audio options, but I still did NOT see any option for DTS passthru.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If you can pass DD w/ no problem, then it's the same w/ DTS. You will not see anything that says DTS passthrough. You are looking for things like "Use SPDIF".

So if you can passtrhough DD5.1, but no DTS, either your reciever has a problem, you are not using a DTS 5.1 DVD, or you are trying another non-DVD standard DTS format.

You still haven't mentioned anything about DD working.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that the problem is the Soundstorm on the mother board. Everything is automatically converted to DD5.1. This works great for most audio, but does not work for a DTS dvd (when DTS output is selected on the DVD). I want to maintain the soundstorm's outstanding DD5.1 output for everything else, but passthru DTS to my receiver.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Right click on the nvmixer icon in the systray and choose Speakers 5.1. You must have it set to Dolby Digital Live 5.1. That would explain everything passing through in DDL 5.1

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
DD5.1 encoding and DD passthrough are not related. My Soundstorm setup will pass through DD/DTS REGARDLESS if 2 channel PCM or DD5.1 is checked. Passthrough means just that. There is no encoding taking place, it's just passing the bitstream from the DVD to the amp. All sound cards do this(that supports passthrough). Hence you loose all controls like volume,etc when in pass through mode. So Paul, not everything is converted to DD5.1. The conversion only takes place for non-DVD DD like Dolby Game or WMVHD w/c uses PCM5.1.

So again, you haven't mentioned if DD works w/ DVD playback. If it does, then the same applies to DTS. The only difference is DTS has a their own format and any capable sound card w/SPDIF can passthrough. Have you set all your decoders and players to use SPDIF???

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedo
Right click on the nvmixer icon in the systray and choose Speakers 5.1. You must have it set to Dolby Digital Live 5.1. That would explain everything passing through in DDL 5.1
Thanks, that worked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.