AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DTS Makes its way into Immersive Cinema Audio System Market With DTS:X – Hollywood Reporter

Posted on April 9, 2015 in celebrity

I am all over this specially the mastering kit.

The Brenden Theater at Las Vegas’ Palm Hotel was already outfitted with DTS:X, and DTS intends to demonstrate the machine within this venue at CinemaCon, which happens April 20-23.
The organization first introduced DTS:X — the successor to DTS-HD — at January’s CES for that real estate market, confirming support from an array of electronic devices makers in addition to speaker producers. It intends to make use of the approaching CinemaCon confab in Vegas to start its push to create DTS:X to cinemas.
For content, DTS reported that it is dealing with several major galleries and mixing procedures in California and Canada which are evaluating their system.
Recently, Dolby (Atmos) and Barco (Auro) happen to be competing for immersive cinema-seem installations, which theater proprietors happen to be generally striving at premium auditoriums. DTS’ chief marketing officer Kevin Doohan claimed theater proprietors could possibly get to DTS:X having a less expensive barrier to entry by beginning with only a couple of additional loudspeakers along with a supported server (QSC and USL already offer this support). “We can hold more compact rooms,” he stated. “Our object-base spec may have some height within the mix, which may be done either with loudspeakers within the ceiling or up high.Inches
In order to side-step a format war, the Society of movement Picture and tv Engineers continues to be focusing on just one standard format for immersive seem to ensure that any mix will have in almost any theater, be it outfitted for Dolby Atmos, Barco Auro, or, now, DTS:X. MDA has already been among the formats that’s been suggested for this function DTS stated it might be readily available for use license fee-free.DTS is presently focusing on movie theaters in The United States and Asia. GDC Technologies are DTS’ DTS:X integration partner within the Asia-Off-shore region, and it is projecting roughly 350 installations with this summer time.
Audio technology developer DTS aims revisit movie theaters using its new object-based immersive audio system DTS:X.
To provide a DTS:X seem mix to some theater, it must be offered in DTS’ MDA (Multi-Dimentional Audio) format.

·
Registered
181 Posts
While researching theaters that use DLP projectors in my area, I ran across this news article.

http://www.epictheatres.com/news

I wasn't aware that DTS-X was planning on going after the commercial cinema market, just the consumer side.
Yes, I have mixed a few "DTS X" movies for Cinema recently. DTS is putting out Cinema content that will end up at home. They recently installed a"DTS X" Cinema at Movico in Thousand Oaks California where I saw the" DTS X mix of Sicario" which I mixed with Greg Watkins CAS at my facility, "The Dub Stage". We remixed it into "DTS X".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dr. Sound, how is your mixing stage set up for DTS X? Does it resemble an Atmos layout with two levels of sound ( main bed plus ceiling rows) or is it closer to Auro 3D's three layer approach?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr. Sound, how is your mixing stage set up for DTS X? Does it resemble an Atmos layout with two levels of sound ( main bed plus ceiling rows) or is it closer to Auro 3D's three layer approach?

It should be as per auro plus 2 front sides and their corresponding second layer, plus more vogs that are mono channel wise but stereo for object pans and a set of rear heights. That much I know. It shall sound amazing, I am glad DTS-X will conform to that array!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts