AVS Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
I have always been intrigued by the sonosub. This build has me thinking :unsure:

Registered
It is quite different when they actually look good, Mine were just wrapped in fabric. My first build was never covered and ugly as hell. If I did not build an IB I would build sonos again. So simple and light weight.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
Made some more progress. Spraying duratex went amazingly well this weekend. I鈥檝e got the ring around the top sub done and the bottoms of the caps are done.

Also spent some time getting all of the legs perfectly square and matched to each other.

And the Speakon is wired up.

Registered
Made some more progress. Spraying duratex went amazingly well this weekend. I鈥檝e got the ring around the top sub done and the bottoms of the caps are done.
View attachment 3080182
View attachment 3080186

Also spent some time getting all of the legs perfectly square and matched to each other.

View attachment 3080187

And the Speakon is wired up.
View attachment 3080189
I really like how the veneer turned out on that!

Btw what is that 8awg wire going to the speakon :oops:? Use any special terminals or just generic female quick disconnects?

Edit: Probably just the in wall insulation throwing me off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
I really like how the veneer turned out on that!

Btw what is that 8awg wire going to the speakon :oops:? Use any special terminals or just generic female quick disconnects?
Thanks! Nothing funny with the wiring. It鈥檚 just 12 gauge OFC in wall rated. I soldered to the Speakon terminals and added individual shrink tubing to each wire then added a larger shrink tubing for each pair.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Here鈥檚 what I decided on for the final profile of the legs, for the top sub anyway. You can see what I drew on the blue tape. The cap will sit down in there.

Also experimented with a few stain samples. I鈥檓 not crazy about any of them. I might have to stop at Woodcraft this week.

Here鈥檚 natural with Osmo:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts