AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the DTV scaler work with an AccessDtv card? Will this act as a line doubler for my NTSC cable signal into my MM52110? My system is as follows

CUSL-2 Intel Chipset PIII 1 ghz

256 meg ram

40 gig 7200 rpm drive

Pioneer 116 DVD

Elsa Gladiac Ultra 64 meg

Audiophile 2496 sound card

Windows ME

Also what is the best method of hooking up a PS2 for optimal PQ?

Thanks Much Guys!!!

Greg

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Greg: no, dScaler doesn't work in conjunction with AccessDTV. AccessDTV is based on the Janus chipset, with, as I understand it, some small hardware additions (PCI bridge, for instance). dScaler works with the Conexant/Rockwell/Brooktree Bt8x8 chipset as both the video decoder and PCI bridge (in most situations).

trbarry sent me a list of the chips on his WinTV-HD, another card based on the Janus chipset. The chips weren't very familiar to me at all, so I suspect that it would be laborious to add support to the cards in dScaler.

As to whether a Bt8x8 card will work in the same machine as a Janus card, at least in some cases it will. I used to own a HiPix card (another Janus-based card), and it worked just fine. Some reports are that the WinTV-HD doesn't work in the same machine as a Bt8x8 card, but I don't know whether this has been fully investigated.

I would love to hear user confirmation that a Bt8x8 card and the AccessDTV card coexist peaceably.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Please add my confirmation: Brooktree/Conexant BT8x8 with DTV/DScaler and Access DTV will coexist peacefully in the same PC. At least they do in mine.

Jeff Hipps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what would be the best BT8x8 card to get? I will probably hold off on the accessdtv until im sure I can HD OTA as im 50 miles from the tower. What OS are you guying running both cards in? I currently have Windows ME installed but could go to Win2k if that is alot better.

Thanks for the info!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.