AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Stereophile GUIDE to HOME THEATER" mag (June 2001) had a small write up on the dTV software. I checked the site and found that it isn't compatible with the "ATI-ALL-in-Wonder" video card. I have the "ATI-TV Wonder" card plugged into a separate PCI slot in addition to my normal Diamond Viper 770D NVIDIA Ultra graphics card. Does anyone know if the dTV software will work with my ATI-TV Wonder card?

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Don: Yes, dScaler will work with the TV Wonder. Reports are that the video is fine for both NTSC and PAL, but that NTSC sound only works mono.

Thanks for the reference to SGHT. What page is it? Did Pat Megenity do the write-up?

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
So you have a gforce agp card and an ati pci card. How does the video of each compare? That's a great setup for a/b testing. How does the overlay look? Does the pci bus give you any probs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

SGTHT, June 2001, Page 52, top right inset. It is a part of a write up entitled "Convergence: A Primer" by Pat Megenity, showcasing many different HTPC components and software.

A quick question. When I install the dTV software, how do I get it to interface with my ATI-TV Wonder card?

Don

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Don: just launch the app. dScaler is smart software. It figures it all out and has non-card specific drivers for Win9x/Me and WinNT/2K/XP.

------------------

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.