AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I had such success with dTV sound and the Hauppauge 401, I decided to go back and try the TV Wonder.

(Now, remember, that if I do anything with TV Wonder (change channels, set favorites, etc), it blows the registry.)

However, I found that if I started TV Wonder, and then stopped it, without doing anything, I could then start dTV and get sound! I also discovered that after a boot, I did not have to go through the starting of TV Wonder, but just straightaway started up dTV and got wonderful sound, and more importantly, better picture!!! My reason for my continued interest in the ATI is that I felt the tuner in it is a mite better than the Hauppauge I had gotten. I don't know it this is individual piece difference, or a general brand difference, but right now, my choice would be the ATI and dTV.

Be well!

Kristi

------------------

where's my hammer?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have since had further occasion to change settings for the TV Wonder in dTV, and I find that the Settings Audio input selection makes no difference (they all yield sound!)(other than mute DOES mute it), and that in fooling around with the Hardware MSP/Radio settings, I need to stop dTV and restart it to find if a selection works. And again, the choice for the ATI card is Terrestrial and speech Chan 1.

What I viewed several weeks ago as very difficult, and "chance" at best, is mere child's play. I wonder if this won't help others with dTV and sound problems.

Kristi

I am having such luck with dTV and the TV Wonder card that I want back a few days (system images) and got to a cleaner version. I installed the Bt drivers for the TV Wonder, but NOT the program. I started dTV and voila! sound and picture!!! Once I got it going, I've had no problems with it. I do keep it in another partition so even if I change the system partition, the dTV is still the same ini.

My settings are AudioInput= MSP/Radio, and under Hardware, I have Standard Bt878/Phillips NTSC, TV Terestrial, and Speech Chan 1. I do get nice stereo sound. Don't ask me why this works, but it does and very nicely. I was happy not to have to install ATI's software for the TV as it messes up my registry and conflicts with the Radeon MMC. However it would be nice if I could find something to record stuff off the card...

Kristi

------------------

where's my hammer?

[This message has been edited by Kristi (edited 05-21-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.