AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just gave me a TV Card, just the card, no drivers or software. It looks like it is based on the Brooktree chipset; therefore, if I can find the drivers I think I can use it with dScaler/dTV.

I have tried to help myself by searching this forum, but searching has been down and looking at the dTV FAQ, but I cannot get to the supported cards page from the FAQ.

Therefore, I am making this post to look for your help. Thanks in advance.

The things I need help with include:

Where can I find drivers for this card?

Will it work with dTV?

Were can I find shareware or inexpensive software for TV Playback or does dTV handle that?

This card also has FM input,where can I find software for the radio functions?

The card came out of a Gateway, it appears to be manufactured by STB Systems. The information on the Video Decoder chip is:

Bt848KPF

BF4436.3

and it has a Philips TV Tuner.

I am currently using Win 98 in my HTPC, but I plan to rebuild it soon as a dual boot with Windows 2000 and Windows XP Beta.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
duanea: in Windows 9x/Me, dScaler might even work with just the default windows drivers for the card. For Windows 2000, you have to make sure the driver is installed before running dScaler.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan,

Thanks for the info. The only driver I have been able to locate has been for win98. Any ideas where I might find a win2k driver that will work with this card?

Thanks again!

Duane

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked over the info on this site and have a few more questions.

1) My card does not show up on the supported cards list, any idea if these drivers will work

2) Do these drivers support NTSC. To me it looked like the drivers posted supported PAL/SECAM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
duanea:
1. In theory drivers for my homepage will work with any bt848/bt878-based card, but some additional changes into *.inf (for Tuner module and audio tract switching) may be require. As result, current drivers version will work with You card, but sound in DirectShow applications may be muted...

2. NTSC also supported. I can try make build of drivers with more flexibility NTSC/PAL support. If anyone needs this.

------------------

Ivan Uskov, http://ivus.tele-kom.ru

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Just to be clear, dScaler doesn't rely on the WNT/2K/XP drivers for more than just identifying the hardware. So the sound or other features in dScaler should work just fine, even though they may not be supported in Ivan's driver.

------------------

Dan

[This message has been edited by dschmelzer (edited 05-22-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.