Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just for fun...

I am curious to see if anyone gets more DTV channels/sub-channels than I do. You can post your results if you wish (see my attachment). I just have a RadioShack antenna in my apt. balcony; nothing special. The only channel I dont get reliably is local Spanish DTV channel.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This ain't fun ;).

How did you produce your JPEG? With HiPix, ...?

Anyway, WOW! 12 channels with added subs - here (from Portland, OR) I get 6 full with a couple of subs that do demos. The "coming stations" via Titan are:

PAX 4 KPXG-DT Nov 1 2002

PBS 19 KCKA-DT May 1 2003

TBN 45 KNMT-DT Nov 1 2002

WB 33 KWBP-DT Aug 1 2002

Obviously, I won't catch up to your reception any time soon :).

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I got ADTV with no such thing - maybe I should have HiPix (or ?) and move to Menlo Park :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Karnis, aren't some of those the same network?

Does anyone get anything nice on any of the subchannels?

I get an HD demo loop on my NBC and sometimes some decent stuff on PBS. Kinda wondering if this is a local or national thing.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Yes...but ABC in DC does not feed thru HD at this time, so I use ABC out of Baltimore. But they do run different local & syndicated stuff at various times, causing a wonderful Simpsons overload! :) PBS DC sometimes runs as many as 3 subchannels, and ABC Baltimore runs 2 subs, one 4x3 and one weather.

I'm guessing mkanet gets the same networks from different cities as well. (?)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Here is my Antenna Aim for the LA area. We have 10 channels on the air. Channel 43 (KCAL) is offline except for News and Laker Games.

--Rick

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Menlo Park so far wins - should I move?

·
Registered
848 Posts
East Palo Alto is right across the border from Menlo Park. The reception there should be just as good. Maybe EPA is the HDTV promised land. ;)

(Of course, reception *should* be as good or better at my home 20 miles southeast in Cupertino, but even though I'm closer to channel 12/11's transmitter, my HiPix won't recognize the signal. Analog channel 11 is ghosty and speckly, too. On my list of things to do is to add a fixed-direction roof antenna and amplifier to try to pull it in. Channel 11 is now NBC, an asinine situation that has damaged ratings for both NBC and its now-independent former local carrier, channel 4.)

-yogaman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.