AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK: I have been lurking in the pasture for a while now. I had decided that to listen or (read) was better than to speak or (write) but I have not read about this yet so I thought I would post.

Is HBOH (509) moving to (189)? If so, when is it official? For reference use the directv future guide and you will see this listed.

Since I don't write much, how much longer do you think it will be until CBS's SEC football demo on dish will also become available on DTV? I guess they don't just show the game so it probably will be full time HD CBS sometime. It would appear with HDef TV's and their STB built-in (ie:Sony) being sold with DTV tuners that the demo would also move to DTV. I would think sooner rather than later. Any thoughts on this one?

I am not starting rumors: I know the rath that cometh for first post people especially when they say I heard >>>>>.......but inquiring TV's need to know.

But I have heard that CBS is around the corner for DTV's channel line up. Now you can call me an idiot or you heard it here first. Time will be the judge of that.

In the mean time have at it!!!!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

Now as far as DirecTV moving HBO HD to ch. 189. This is just something that DTV did on their online guide. To move an HBO channel away from the rest of the HBO channels just wouldn't make sense.

The chance of CBS being in HD on DirecTV is 0% chance for now. However, when the new "bird" is put up there will be alot more bandwidth for HD. The only College Football that you will see DTV is Div. IAA for now. CBS HD and Showtime HD could easily be on the horizon for DirecTV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.