AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running an nvidia dual head HTPC (leadtek winfast geforce 2) to an nec lt150 projector. I can't for the life of me figure out how to use dtv with this card.

I have a capture card, yes, but all I'm trying to accomplish is to have the internal dvd player scaled through dtv. All I have is a blue screen, though.

Suggestions appreciated!

Mark

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
dScaler(what you called dTV for some reason http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ) is used only for scaling external signals. You plug a composite, s-video or coaxial cable into the scaler card and dScaler will deinterlace and scale it up for you. It does absolutely nothing for DVD being played BY the computer. The DVD software (WinDVD, PowerDVD whatever) handles scaling and deinterlacing on its own.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, grasshopper, I understand now. Thanks for the reply.

I was misguided by the screen shots on dtv of various dvd's, as well as my lack of knowledge of powerdvd. I'll dig around it and see if I'm outputting progressive, or perhaps it's a default for it?

Mark

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The screenshots on the web site show DVD played by an external player into the capture card. Of course, it is normally better to play it using WinDVD, ATI, PowerDVD, etc., but the point of the exercise is that dScaler approaches that kind of quality.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
As said in the FAQ
Quote:
Should I use dTV to deinterlace the output from my set-top dvd player ?

While it's feasable and works quite fine (see the "dTV Windvd challenge" in the screenshots section), home

theater pc's have shown the best results while using dvd decoding software along with a dvd-rom and a modern

graphic card.

However, it's been used quite often for test purposes (testing of grab quality on a high quality source, testing

pulldown techniques on well encoded sources etc..).
Pretty clear huh ? Not really what it is made for, but happens to be done sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.