Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CCarncross:

Thanx for the info. I suspected as much. There is one additional question on this subject which perhaps you can answer: I understand that Directv used to market an "Ultimate TV" device - RCA DWD490RE Ultimate TV DTV Receiver - which, I was told CAN handle PIP. Do you know anything about this unit?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes the UTV (RCA or Sony) both allowed for PIP and I still use two of them today. Unfortunately new ones are rare and the ones on eBay tend to get pricey.

However, if you look on your DTivo remote you will see a "window" button. It has long been speculated that it will eventually become a PIP button allowing you to access both tuners. That, the caller id functionality, program folders and multiple deleting are a couple of the features that UTV has over DTivo.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
The UTV did PIP internally so even TVs without PIP got it. DirecTV and Microsoft parted ways a few years ago and the UTV production was stopped. They are still around and working. My mother-in-law has one. You can get a used one and activate it but the UTV fee is $10/month per UTV. There's even a section of this forum dedicated to them.

-Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.