AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Win-TV/FM tuner w/Raedon LE on a !.2 Gig AMD unit projecting through a ECP 4100. I've installed version 2.12 of dTV. I played with every thing to get a clear picture. The picture looks sharp when the images are standing still. Once the image moves it creates a ghost-"Matrix" like effect. What could be causing this problem?

Do the directx driver version have an affect on the picture/ I'm on version 7.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I don't think the version of DirectX has anything to do with it. Probably just the deinterlacing algorithm you're using for video source. There are a number of ones to try out and different people are sensitive to different artifacts...

------------------

Dan

[This message has been edited by dschmelzer (edited 05-10-2001).]

·
Registered
686 Posts
Cliff,

As Dan said, it could be due to a poor choice of deinterlacing algorithm. But it could also be the noise filter, that has defaults set too high. This will create blurriness on moving images. Check the dTV.ini lines in [noise filter], and lower the values in chroma/luma threshold or similar (don't have the app in this PC).

regards, RC

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears when I maximize the screen, I able to see the pixels or the scan lines. When I minimize the picture is clear. I have a 100" sceen, how do I compensate for the screen size?

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
hcliff -

What screen resolution are you using? Can you use a higher one?

- Tom

------------------

Getting started:
HTPC Faq , dScaler , Xcel's Links .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.