AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had posted a question regarding my zenith HDV420 and zenith silver sensor over in the hardware problem and was told my question should be asked in here. i've set up my silver sensor and can receive CBS, NBC, WB, ABC, and FOX. however, i can not receive UPN or local independent KCAL (station that broadcasts Laker games!!).. is there anyone in my local area (91411) that can lend some hints/help in getting the silver sensor to receive these two channels? i've already gotten a compas to align my antenna to 67 degrees heading antennaweb.org suggested. tia

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barth2k:

thanks for the quick response. i guess i havet to accept that kcal wont come in where i have my silver sensor positioned.... but i guess i cant be too disappointed with the performance w/ an indoor antenna.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you probably don't want to watch the lakers on kcal dtv, is has horrible quality. All is do is convert their analog signal to digital. Looks way better on my crt in my bedroom.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I get all the DT stations from LA in Temecula (80 miles away) using a Channel Master 4248 and Winegard AP4800 preamp.

FWIW, KCAL 9.1 looks excellent on my set, my sharper than the feed I get from D*.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by wthai1027
you probably don't want to watch the lakers on kcal dtv, is has horrible quality. All is do is convert their analog signal to digital. Looks way better on my crt in my bedroom.

thanks, no matter how i adjust my zenith silver sensor , i cant seem to get kcal to come in. i gues in hindsight, it doesnt matter, because i watch most of the games on tivo anyways.... but too bad the games arent in 1080 as the superbowl was the first sporting event ive experienced in 1080i

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.