AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RCA F38310 TV (has a built-in DTC-100), oval-dish/dual LNB DirecTV, OTA antenna and Comcast cable. The Comcast is hooked to a SA Tivo. This configuration evolved over time as it is not what I would have devised as optimal.

I'd rather have a DirecTivo. My understanding is that to be able to watch DTV in HD on the F38310 it needs its own cable from the multiswitch, and the Tivo needs 2 cables from the multiswitch to be fully-functional. No pass-through is allowed. Due to trees the cable run from the dish/multi-switch is about 300 feet. I currently have only a single cable run from the multi-switch and I'd rather not run 2 additional lines. Are there any alternatives?

Complicating matters is the desire to have no box on the other TVs in the house, and the desire to have Comcast be my ISP once they finally have that capability in my neighborhood (DSL is not an option).

This would all be so simple if Comcast would offer a PVR-capable STB for High Def.

------------------
RCA F38310

[This message has been edited by mangoldm (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
There are no alternatives that are even remotely practical. You need to run more cables from the multiswitch.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.