AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I suspect it is the only one that will have knowedge on the subject.

I'm trying to get a (inexpensive) set top box that will receive digital TV signals (SD and HD) and convert them to s-video for display on an old pre-HD TV. I don't think such a thing exists, except as a full (all 18 ASTV modes) HDTV tuner, hence the post here. You would think by now there would be a slew of $100 boxes for old analog TVs, but I haven't seen any.

At any rate what are your recomendations for any such boxes. So far I've seen the US digital from walmart for $200, the Samsung T351 for $250 from circuit city, and the LG LST-3510A for $400 from best buy.

Any other choices.

Thanks in advance

Rick

·
Registered
455 Posts
Probably not what you're looking for but if you subscribe to Voom their STBs work on regular SD TVs (and they convert the HD channels and OTA digital channels for viewing on the SD TV).

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The tuner at Walmart would probably the best you can do for price unless you can find a deal on an open box item or something used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.