AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a DirecTivo a few months ago, and I am just now getting around to subscribing. When I called DirecTV, their CallerID alerted them to the fact that I had been a subscriber several years ago, so I was not allowed to sign up as a new subscriber (my current address is in an NRTC area). I could use a cell phone to make the call, but they might pick up on the fact that the billing address is the one I had used with my old subscription.

A friend who lives in another city served by DirecTV will let me use her credit card and billing address. My question is, once I am up and running, can I log onto the DTV website and change the credit card info to my own name and billing address? Note - I will need to change the billing NAME as well as the credit card number and address.

Can someone who has access to the DTV website tell me if this is possible? I am not trying to do anything bad here, I just want to give DTV my money and I'm having trouble doing it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Hi Bobalooga,

I cant anwser you question since Im neither a DTV or TiVo sub but I would try this. Call up DTV using your cell phone. Use your current billing address and if they say anything tell them you just moved into the house. But dont bring it up unless the CSR does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.