AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm living in a new house that was prewired with coax in the walls. Only problem is it is not in the room where I wanted to install my new Samsung HLR6168 DLP. I have 3 DTV boxes, one of which is HD. The HD box was connected to my Sony rear projection set and recevied both the DTV and local HD channels (from the DTV off air ant).

I wanted to use the HD box on the new Samsung, so I ran cable down to where the existing wiring is in the basement. There was a single cable coming from the wall by the Sony with a splitter that was connected to the SAT and TV inputs on the DTV box. I figured if I replaced the source cable with the one I ran, I should be able to connect the HD box to my Samsung and pick up the DTV and local HD feed.

DTV works without any problems but none of the HD locals work (no signal). It looks like there are 3 lines coming into the house from the LBN and they are connected to two different grounding blocks. I simply switched the wall cable with the one I ran in one of the blocks.

Am I missing something here? Why would I fail to receive the off air signal by simply switching cables?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
It sounds like your OTA was being injected into one of your sat runs with a diplexor or via a multiswitch outside then your splitting it back apart inside. You need to verify which run has the diplexor on it outside and make sure it's the one your extending up to your new TV location and you need to put the diplexor back into place you had in use with the Sony TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.