AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I can't find this info (step by step) on the DTVPal thread.

(1)

Anybody successfully

hook up DTVPal to an old VCR (no G-Link) then Program it?

(FYI have an Old TV 10+ years)

I know DTV Pal connect VCR using the RCA, then out to TV composite, but how you program it?

(2)

Just to confirm since DTVPal has one tuner therefore, while VCR is recording, I can't watch any other Channel. If TR50 comes out it may have dual tuners, but coupon is not acceptable.

Thanks for the input.

mma

·
Registered
94 Posts
1. Program the dtvpal timer to the channel, date, time you want.

2. Program the vcr to the date, time you want. Your vcr will always be set to record the channel your dtvpal rf is set to (3 or 4).

Turn off the vcr for timer recording.

Maybe turnoff the dtvpal for timer recording (jury is still out on that).

Or leave dtvpal on for timer recording.

I haven't done this with a dtvpal, but I have recorded on an old vcr through a Philco CECB that was manually set to the channel I wanted to record. Clearly the Philco had to be left on.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafightetnow /forum/post/14227381

Hello,

I can't find this info (step by step) on the DTVPal thread.

(1)

Anybody successfully

hook up DTVPal to an old VCR (no G-Link) then Program it?

(FYI have an Old TV 10+ years)

I know DTV Pal connect VCR using the RCA, then out to TV composite, but how you program it?

(2)

Just to confirm since DTVPal has one tuner therefore, while VCR is recording, I can't watch any other Channel. If TR50 comes out it may have dual tuners, but coupon is not acceptable.

Thanks for the input.

mma

I mean program=record TV shows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just hooked up VCR to DTVPal yesterday...you need to leave the DTVPal on, mine did not turn on by timer, but does switch channels at the correct time. I also found that the OTA time is 3 minutes late, so you may want to check the DTVPal clock time against VCR and actual time. I found no way to manually set the time on the DTVPal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
as long as the timer is set correctly it wiil turn on the Pal. It has to be set for at least 5 mins after you turn the unit off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts