AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x12 room, quite small but size be damned I'm going to make use of it. I use to have the full Marty with the 460ho 18" driver and an inuke3000dsp, though in a larger room.

Due to the small size I'm dealing with I think an 18" box just won't fit let alone 2 of them. I have some infinity 1262w drivers sitting around and Im thinking of buying another inuke3000dsp and making 2 boxes, I guess a Marty cube sized down for 12" driver.

I'm curious if two of these 1262w will get anywhere near the output of that 18" Marty in this small of a room. If I could get 17-20hz in the 90dB+ range I think I would be happy given the cost. Any advice one rhe cubic volume needed and port size/length would be helpful!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
12x12?

A sealed 4 cubic foot 18 would be pretty potent in that space, size wise it wouldn't be that much different than a dual ported 12. If the space is sealed, 17hz will not be a problem. Probably much lower.

You can even use your current driver.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was at -6.0dB usually on receiver with sub out at -0 and the inuke was 2 clicks past half

1 - 5 of 5 Posts