Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic1!
Links wrong.
You have to scroll down.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, didnt want ya'all to miss the other wickedness... all those enclosures and drivers! and Crown amps!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know its sunday nite but Im pretty disapointed that what I'd consider to be the ultimate setup isnt commented on! Someone actually ported 21" Maelstrom-Xs. Maybe it's because it is simple and perfect for function but not made to look uber pretty?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast /forum/post/19526335

that page is a browser killer... its like 500 images all loading at once. joy

ah, ill photobucket it... it did slow me down a little bit. my bad!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
982 Posts
pfft, just 2 boxes?

should have like 6 or 8 boxes.. make the folks in there sweat a little...

Matt

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/19526289

I know its sunday nite but Im pretty disapointed that what I'd consider to be the ultimate setup isnt commented on!

Ultimate for classical digital organ installation maybe. I was in the business in my late teens... we designed the speakers specifically for the organ being installed. This usually meant ending up with something either impractical or not so good sounding for other uses.

Largest install we did used subs for the pedal about that same size, only with 15" Eminence woofers. Couldn't get a Mal-X back in 1993. Or many 21's for that matter

Back then our distributors used Servodrive subs for installs this large.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's amazing how far tech comes along. the 21 now could probably replace several of the old 15's eh? Or maybe tech is slow. Why did it take so many years to come this far?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/19530627

the 21 now could probably replace several of the old 15's eh?

Yep. The Eminence woofers weren't anything really special by today's standards. IIRC the boxes were tuned to 16Hz so they'd get to the bottom of the 32' octave and powered by Carver. Two of those would rattle the radiators at the other end of the church.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts