AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to wire speakers with dual binding posts (JBL E80's) to an amp with only 4 binding posts (Crown XLS 202)? Another question I have is: I have a reciever with standard plug adapters but the Crown amp only accepts 3-pin male XLR cable ends in its input. How would I remedy that situation? Thank you for any advise. - LunarTick

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,682 Posts
Those dual binding posts are intended to give you the option of bi-wiring (generally seen as a big waste of money) or bi-amping (potentially useful depending on your speakers and amps). There should be metal jumpers (bridges) connecting the two sets of posts. If not, you can cut some speaker wire to do the same thing (connecting the two positive posts and the two negative posts to each other). Then you only need to wire one pair of wires to each speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.