AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a wd tv live media player.. every time i play a bluray movie it cannot handle fast forward or rewinding..
it needs to be a dual core.is there any dual core media players that you know of?
or a dual core bluray player?

·
Registered
812 Posts
i have a wd tv live media player.. every time i play a bluray movie it cannot handle fast forward or rewinding..
it needs to be a dual core.is there any dual core media players that you know of?
or a dual core bluray player?
What is the source? Is it coming through your network, local, etc.? My WDTV Live didn't have any trouble with FF/Rew of BD rips.

·
UHD Addict
39,185 Posts
My old 2009 Popcorn Hour C200 has a single core. It has zero issues fast forwarding and rewinding BD rips.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry forgot to mention the blu ray rip is on a external hard drive..if i download a ripped mkv blu ray file it is ok..just when it is a large file like a original blu ray movie 20gb..
you cannot fast forward or rewind faster then 2x

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
sorry forgot to mention the blu ray rip is on a external hard drive..if i download a ripped mkv blu ray file it is ok..just when it is a large file like a original blu ray movie 20gb..
you cannot fast forward or rewind faster then 2x
Has nothing to do with the core count. The VTEN I just bought is single core and it does FF/RW of full BR Rips just fine. Also, you may want to not admit to downloading mkv rips here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts