AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Man, that's huge! I wonder if you'd be the first to use a NSW 21 with a devastator.
I just finished two GSG flat packs and bought Ricci’s other two NSW’s J didn’t get. Mine have the Prototype spiders. They sound amazing

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
blends right in

Well, not visually, but acoustically it did! Once it was hooked up, I asked my wife who’s working from home if I could play a little, and then ran a few bass tracks. Man this sub is awesome. It added a lot of oomph to my setup. I can’t wait to see what the measurements reveal. I’m under a “quiet please” order now. So that will have to wait.
I’m so happy I built this thing.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Here’s my close mic, overlaying the model. That second part is thanks to Chris. He walked me through that process. Thanks man.

He pointed out a rear chamber resonance that I will address with an extra well placed pillow. There is one in there now. I can’t wait to build the other cab.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Great job with the build! FR looks nearly identical to the model:)

Reactions: Jk7.2

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah it does!

Reactions: Jk7.2

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before we get too crazy I would try the Alpha in the Delta configuration, plug one port and drop the tune to around 16Hz. If it is like the LFE where the 16Hz tune is much more violent than the 19Hz tune, even with the SPL hit for dropping the tune that much, you could break even more stuff...

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Before we get too crazy I would try the Alpha in the Delta configuration, plug one port and drop the tune to around 16Hz. If it is like the LFE where the 16Hz tune is much more violent than the 19Hz tune, even with the SPL hit for dropping the tune that much, you could break even more stuff...

I will try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

401 - 420 of 588 Posts