AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this in, but I'm having problems getting a dual display working.

The original unit is a toshiba widescreen laptop supporting 1280x800 and 1440x900.

The secondary "monitor" is a Samsung HLN5065N which supports various screen sizes.

None of which, however, are either of the "wide" resoultions supported by the laptop.

I fiddled around with the nView settings (I'm hating nvidia right now), and now whenever I switch to both displays at once both are forced into 800x600. Whereas before the laptop was running "_____" and if it was "too large", when I moved the cursor on the lcd the corresponding image would pan to accomodate on the DLP.

Does this mean at most I'm going to be getting 1280*720 from the television?

·
Registered
44 Posts
From a DLP,.....yes. I have the 60" DLP and all i could get out of my geforce2 gts was 1280 x 720. I thought i could get better but gave up.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Granted better than 1280x800 would be nice, but I'm still stuck at 800x600! I'm going to attempt to download new drivers for the nvidia chip from nvidia and see if that helps.

What I don't understand is why I can't even get 1024x768. Even if that rez. doesn't match up to the TV, the TV should at least be able to stretch it to compensate...

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.