AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a replay PV-HS2000 that I upgraded to a dual drive system. It has the org. Quantum 30 gig drive along with a WD 60g 5400. The WD is dead...... Before the WD died I made a back up of both drives..... My question is am I screwed??? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Well your unwatched shows are likely gone, but it should be rather simple to revive your Showstopper.

Just use RTVPatch once again to restore your backup image onto a new drive, and then patch. Simple as that.

And this time I'd use a single large drive... give yourself better odds. :)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Actually if it was Drive One you can probably just repatch it now (without a restore) and use it as a 30. But I'd get a new drive while you are @ it. As you see, hdd lifespan is comparatively short in a PVR.

Otherwise you don't really need to zero the 30.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all of your help Ken. I was able to get the original 30gig to work... Now I need to buy a lager drive... Any recommendations??

Thanks again:)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by murph3186
...Now I need to buy a lager drive... Any recommendations??
Rheingold, Drax, Lighthouse?

Moosehead... if you want smooth smooth smooth?

However don't drink-n-drive. ;)

(hdd's for the Showstopper... about any drive bargain--rebate--deal often posted here, Western Digital or Maxtor... go for 5400 RPM if you can find it, but 7400 will work, so try for the better price)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.