AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low and think I have an idea of what's required ... but wanted to make sure.

From what I've gathered, the following is required to run two FusionHDTV cards:
  1. Latest Dvico drivers
  2. Windows XP MCE 2005
  3. An analog tuner other than Fusion?

Is the last item absolutely required? Has anyone gotten timer recording from MCE working with two Fusion cards and no non-Fusion analog card? I don't have any more room and would like to be able to record two stations at once.

Does the MCE TV app work well with timer recording with two FusionHDTV cards?

PS I'm asking for US only users since the dual tuner timer software I've come across is only for use outside the US and that would be of no help for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
These two Q&A's from DVICO's site should answer your questions:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Does 3rd party software support multiple FusionHDTV cards?

A: Surely. FusionHDTV BDA driver supports multiple cards configuration so you can watch one channel and record another something like that. Any combination of our cards can be multiply instantiated like:

1) Same model of multiple FusionHDTV cards

2) Different model of FusionHDTV cards

3) Same model of multiple FusionHDTV USB modules

4) USB + PCI model combinations.

For the multiple cards support, you should download and install the 3.0 beta2 or later setup of our software.

Q: Enable MCE2005 support for Fusion HDTV series, please do the following

1) Please refer to the Microsoft MCE HDTV read me before proceeding

2) MCE2005 requires another analog TV tuner card with hardware MPEG encoding capability (like Hauppauge PVR250, ATI e Home Wonder). Please install it first.

3) Install the Fusion HDTV 3.0Bta2 or later version setup.

4) Make sure that driver configuration is correct.

5) Install MCE-compatible 3rd party DVD decoder like NVDVD or Win DVD 6.0. or Our HDTV MCE Decoder.

6) If you reboot the PC and everything is alright with drivers and decoders, you can see the all HD/SD channels with quite good quality.

·
Registered
669 Posts
the question was, "does anyone have this working?"

Dvico says it works, however with the fusions software track records

asking for peoples experience is completly warrented.

This is also something I would like to hear about, and I know there

are others interested.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had seen the FAQ on Dvico's website. It's just not clear what software (if any) works well for multiple cards in the US for timer recording. I get the impression that the TV app in MCE works ... but I was looking for any experience AVS users have had in addition.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Woooohooo! I'm currently recording two ATSC shows + one NTSC show all on one PC using:

2 Fusion 5 Lite cards

1 Hauppauge PVR USB2

This is now possible as of today with the new SageTV 3.0.7 beta. This is the first time I've ever been able to do this on one PC (using WinXP Pro)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.