AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS IM GOING TO PICK UP MY SECOND VTF15. BUT IN 2 WEEKS AFTER IM THINKING OF GETTING A ED A7-450. OR SHOULD I GET 2 MORE VTF15'S?

DO U GUYS THINK THAT 2 VTF15'S WILL OUT DO THE HUGE A7-450 WITH THAT 1300RMS AND 18INCH DRIVER LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK THANKS?

·
Registered
553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 /forum/post/19555804

HI GUYS IM GOING TO PICK UP MY SECOND VTF15. BUT IN 2 WEEKS AFTER IM THINKING OF GETTING A ED A7-450. OR SHOULD I GET 2 MORE VTF15'S?

DO U GUYS THINK THAT 2 VTF15'S WILL OUT DO THE HUGE A7-450 WITH THAT 1300RMS AND 18INCH DRIVER LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK THANKS?

Have you really thought about this... Will $1760 plus shipping worth of sub beat $850 worth of sub. Or did i read that wrong? Hell 2 A7 are cheaper at $1600 shipped to your door. And yes I think TWO A7 for $200 less shipped are better than 2 of the HSU although I dont know which pair would have the highest overall output.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 /forum/post/19555804

Take this as the compliment it is intended to be.... you are freakin' insane

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ah, my bad. In that case I would get two vft15 vs one A7-450. However I do think that two A7S-450 would be the way to go (possibly the best bang for the buck out there especially when you buy multiples) but then again I love sealed subs.

BTW, you either have a huge room or are a madman (welcome to the club) and as such you should really start getting your feet wet in the DIY arena. For the almost $4k you are spending on subs you could have 4 of the baddest subs on the planet that would laugh at both ed and hsu. Its not that hard to build a square box and buy a pro amp online. Hell, you could buy the box from ED or several other sources slap a mal-x or tcsounds driver in it, hook it up to a cheap high power pro amp and have a world class sub that just required you to screw it to the cabinet that you bought.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
There is a little more to building a great speaker / sub than slapping a square box together, screwing in a driver, and connecting a cheap amplifier.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint /forum/post/19557067

There is a little more to building a great speaker / sub than slapping a square box together, screwing in a driver, and connecting a cheap amplifier.

And what would that be exactly if you're not building the box itself?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I really think you are underestimating the VTF-15H because of its price...

Two VTF-15H means a lot of SPL...

I do not know how much SPL the new A7 puts out, I had the old one and the VTF-15H, but if the new is close to the previous one, those two subs sound very very different...

·
Registered
553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint /forum/post/19557067

Thats not what i said. I said its not that hard to put together a square sub box or you could buy one already made and screw the driver in and hook up an amp. And I would have to beg to differ when it comes to subs (not speakers as you wrote but i didnt mention) You can build or buy a 4-8 cubic foot box stick a mal-x and some poly-fill in it and hook it up to a behringer or marathon or parts express amp and your done. Hell you could have ED build the box and buy the amp from them. Its not hard to build a great sub (especially sealed) which is why subs are usually the first thing a DIY virgin tackles and why there are hundreds of them on the forums.

Another great place for DIY kits, subs or boxes built for whatever sub you buy is AE Speakers.

Im curious, what do you find so difficult about buying a box that was made for the driver you bought then screwing the driver into it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.