Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I have a Plasma TV and am getting a projector TV. I would like to be able to watch Satellite TV movies and DVD's on the projector and watch regular satellite TV and an occasional DVD on the plasma.Is there an A/V receiver that would allow me to switch output from one to the other? i.e, "Monitor Out 1 & Monitor Out 2"?

If not, what would you suggest as far as connections? Or, would I have to get 2 receivers?

Thanks very much for your help.

Best Wishes,

Jim

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I'm running a projector and use my tuner in my computer as my 2nd video display. Most of the current receivers have multiple video outputs, but not multiple outputs of the same connection. For example, my Pioneer 1014 has 1 component, 1 composite, and 1 svideo output. So right now, I can have component output going to my projector and svideo going to my pc tv tuner input. It has video output going to both component and svideo at the same time. I would suggest doing something similar for your scenario.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Denon 3806 has dual component video out, or if you don't want to spend that much you could go with the JVC RXD702B. It does upconversion through HDMI. Send the HDMI to the on display and the component to the other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

The more I thought about it today the more surprised I was that a manufacturer has not made a ""Monitor 1" & "Monitor 2" output" feature available.

Any other suggestions out there?

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.