AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help to set up a dual display with MyHD card on my PC.

I have a 9800Pro that I'd like to connect to my monitor (sony 19") and my Mits 55". I'd use the monitor as the primary display and would connect it via VGA. For the Mits, I would use a dvi -> vga adaptor, connect to MyHD, and connect to my Mits via RGBHV (connection #1 on this link: http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/cn_myhd8.asp ). This way, I would have dual monitor, outputting extended desktop plus MyHD to my Mits.

Is this even possible to do? Do I need hydravision (or ultramon) to run the dual display? I'd like to use some custom resolutions on my Mits, so I assume I need powerstrip to set up the timings. Is powerstrip capable of using different resolutions/timings for two displays, while running extended desktop? Can powerstrip work together with hydravision?

Last question. Assuming all this is possible, what happens when I start MyHD on the secondary display (Mits) and I go to full screen mode (1080i)? Would this freeze my mouse and keyboard on the primary display? Does MyHD support dual display with extended desktop?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes, Yes Yes.

I have a 9700. Primary VGA is connected to a dedicated touchscreen, secondary is routed to a hipx HDTV card. Output of Hipix VGA goes through a transcoder to my display.

Works like a charm.

You will not need hydravision (or ultramon) unless you want your apps to "remember" which display they should come up on. This does come in handy. I did find several apps that will not start on the secondary display (immersive holo3d app is a great example), but it was trivial to have them startup within girder, and have girder move them to the correct coordinates on the secondary display.

I have it set up in windows as "extend desktop display".

When my hipix kicks in (I'm assuming the myhd is similar as they use the same chipset), I just loose the secondary display. Windows still thinks it's there, but it's switched over to the hipix. No loss of mouse or keyboard - they work fine on display one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.