AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any STBs with dual OTA ATSC tuners available or soon to be released? I am primarily interested in time-shifting ATSC, however would also like the ability to watch one OTA show while recording another. I just ordered an HDTV with DVI. However since it (like the majority of HDTVs) doesn't have a tuner built in, the STB I buy will need to have dual ATSC tuners.

The only current options for time-shifting, neither of which is a solution for simultaneously recording and watching ATSC, I am aware of are:

1) Samsung SIRT165 w/Firewire, but only 1 OTA tuner.

2) Future Dish 921 PVR, but only 1 OTA tuner.

If a manufacturer ever builds a DVHS with built-in tuner and Firewire, that combined with the SIRT165 would work for me.

I have only read about 1/2 way through the Dish 921 thread and have no idea as to the capabilities of any Tivo STBs.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
HDTimeShifter,

No consumer STBs with dual OTA ATSC tuners have been announced as yet.

Details on the final Tivo HDTV platform have not been announced. If Tivo were to support the Home Media Option on a future HDTV Tivo with a working USB 2.0 port (for 802.11a/g), it might be possible to share all HDTV recordings and scheduling responsibilities wirelessly between two HDTV Tivos. With HMO service on the current SA Tivo, you can access all recordings from all Tivo boxes in your home through a single Tivo over wireless. And you can perform all scheduling for all Tivo boxes you own over the Internet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.