AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

like to buy which one or two to buy a7-900 or newer pc13 ultra(dual subs)

for less than a7-900 i can get two pc-13 but kinda confuse coz ed a7-900 is a mosnter and i have space for this monster but will 1 ed a7-900 compete with 2 pc13 ultras dsp ?

pls reply

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I have compared dual PB13s and an A7-900 in the same room.

The eD stomps the SVS's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil /forum/post/19588300

I have compared dual PB13s and an A7-900 in the same room.

The eD stomps the SVS's.

so ed a7-900 is a winner right so you are talking about in output of subs or how much deep they go

see my preference is a sub which has the ability to go deep like down to 10hz or less and also have more output in 10hz or 20hz range than my single uls-15 subwoofer that i have for past 5months

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Depending on room acoustics, a pair of Ultras could give you much better bass response than a single sub. Multiples can help tame peaks and nulls, but you will not have as much output as the A7-900. My vote would be the pair of Ultras. But if you have a good freq response with the single ULS with minimum nulls or peaks go with the A7.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 /forum/post/19588458

Depending on room acoustics, a pair of Ultras could give you much better bass response than a single sub. Multiples can help tame peaks and nulls, but you will not have as much output as the A7-900. My vote would be the pair of Ultras. But if you have a good freq response with the single ULS with minimum nulls or peaks go with the A7.

ya i have good response with signle uls-15

so u mean to say on a7-900 will beat the crap of dual pc-13ultras

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja /forum/post/19588340

so ed a7-900 is a winner right so you are talking about in output of subs or how much deep they go

see my preference is a sub which has the ability to go deep like down to 10hz or less and also have more output in 10hz or 20hz range than my single uls-15 subwoofer that i have for past 5months

For what your looking to do (10hz or less), I'd be looking at a pair of CS 18.2's. For approaching any kind of useable output at 10hz, you need multiple unfiltered sealed subs with large drivers. Other than building it yourself, the least expensive way to get there would be a pair of CS 18.2's. Neither the A7 or a pair of 13Ultras are the right instruments for useable output at 10hz.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts

Quote:

The Ultras were co-located. Both subs were flat to 15Hz then dropped off rapidly from there. The eD gave SPLs in the 120's.
The Ultras gave a max SPL of 107dB.

With the amount of output the eD provides (headroom, and lots of it) you can EQ all you want.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja /forum/post/19588525

so u mean to say on a7-900 will beat the crap of dual pc-13ultras

From my experience, yes. Thus my use of the word "stomp".

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/19588537

for what your looking to do (10hz or less), i'd be looking at a pair of cs 18.2's. For approaching any kind of useable output at 10hz, you need multiple unfiltered sealed subs with large drivers. Other than building it yourself, the least expensive way to get there would be a pair of cs 18.2's. Neither the a7 or a pair of 13ultras are the right instruments for useable output at 10hz.

+1

·
Registered
8,479 Posts

Quote:

Many people wish for high output down to below 10 hz. The problem is it is not easy with virtually all commercial subwoofers.

Look at the chart:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...mpilation.html

There are results for the PB-13 (original version), using the 20 hz, 15 hz, 10 hz, and sealed modes. In 10 hz mode, tested outdoors, the PB-13 Ultra could manage 92.4 db and this comes at the expense of output at 16, 20, 25 Hz.

You might want to consider contacting Mark Seaton to discuss what he recommends and whether he can ship to India. Perhaps the Submersive HP or one of his other designs can do what you want in the Ultra Low Frequency Range.

You might also try contacting Jeff Permanian about his products.

In all likelihood, the A7-900 would satisfy you, coupled with your ULS-15.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i already email mr mark seaton for seaton submersive but i guess shipping cost to india is killing

what about cs18.2 sub where to buy it etc, how much price

also i got email from danely website but dts-10 is waaaaaay more pricey for me so my budget is around 2500$ including shipping though any recommendations?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja /forum/post/19588679

i already email mr mark seaton for seaton submersive but i guess shipping cost to india is killing

also i got email from danely website but dts-10 is waaaaaay more pricey for me so my budget is around 4000$ including shipping though any recommendations?

You can read about the CS 18.2 here:

http://www.chasehometheater.com/inde...art&Itemid=121

It is not an expensive sub and a pair would easily fit your budget, but I don't know about the shipping cost to India. You would need to get a hold of the owner, Craig Chase.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja

also i got email from danely website but dts-10 is waaaaaay more pricey for me so my budget is around 2500$ including shipping though any recommendations?
What about ULS quad drive, you already stated that it goes low and has a good response so adding more will just make everything louder for you. You need to check shipping on all of them and the smallest subs will be cheaper. If you want 10hz sealed is the way to go because anything ported has to be massive and shipping will be as well.

CS 18.2's are great but shipping might be high as well, they are not small subs but babies compared to the DTS-10's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater
What about ULS quad drive, you already stated that it goes low and has a good response so adding more will just make everything louder for you. You need to check shipping on all of them and the smallest subs will be cheaper. If you want 10hz sealed is the way to go because anything ported has to be massive and shipping will be as well.

CS 18.2's are great but shipping might be high as well, they are not small subs but babies compared to the DTS-10's.
hey bro thanks for reply and i have saw ur danley and cs18.2s subs awesome man just simply awesome
i luv to be same stuff some day i my ht

regarding uls-15 yaaa it gives me nice rumble under my sofa so u mean to say dual or quad uls-15 can match the output of ed a7-900 or even cs18.2s

about shipping of uls-15s i have no problems in that coz i already purchased one before and shipping cost is in my reach

just want a simple solution uls-15 give me deep rumbling bass but i want more output something like that give me the feeling that i'm in some kind of time machine i hope u understand what i mean . i want bass heaven. at the cpst of 2500$ is it possible in that budget ( i somehow by mistake wrote 4000$ before but after converting them into indian rupees they are way more than my budget so 2500$ is same as my budget in indian rupees)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike
You can read about the CS 18.2 here:

http://www.chasehometheater.com/inde...art&Itemid=121

It is not an expensive sub and a pair would easily fit your budget, but I don't know about the shipping cost to India. You would need to get a hold of the owner, Craig Chase.
i will check it thanks brother

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Forum Brothers,

I have been thinking the same thing. I already have 2 PB Ultra's and love the way they sound, but I am looking for more output (db) in the lower freq range. I have them in the 15 Hz tune, and I believe that is the best tune for maximum output/to extension ratio. I have the Ultra's in the front left and right corners. I have room in the center just to the right side of my TV for an A7-900 either standing upright, or on its side. I have a budget of $2500, and based on craigsubs' review a few years back the A7-900 should fit the bill. I am not really interested in the DIY route because I just don't have the time to build. I looked at the dual Empires as well. I am really curious what Counsil's opinion is on the matter as he has 4 Ultra's and 4 Empires. My room is about ½ the size of his though.

Please don't recommend the 18.1, 18.2, 18.T's based on this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1300617 I don't care how good something may sound if it looks like crap.

So my question is: Should I get the A7-900, spend a little bit more for 4 Empires, or go over my budget by $1000 and get two more Ultra's? If I get two more Ultra's I can stack them on top of my current ones. I am pretty sure I know what I want; I just want to make sure I have explored all options first. Does anyone have any idea what 2 more Ultra's will add in db's say around 15 Hz or so?

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocDoc
Hey Forum Brothers,

I have been thinking the same thing. I already have 2 PB Ultra's and love the way they sound, but I am looking for more output (db) in the lower freq range. I have them in the 15 Hz tune, and I believe that is the best tune for maximum output/to extension ratio. I have the Ultra's in the front left and right corners. I have room in the center just to the right side of my TV for an A7-900 either standing upright, or on its side. I have a budget of $2500, and based on craigsubs' review a few years back the A7-900 should fit the bill. I am not really interested in the DIY route because I just don't have the time to build. I looked at the dual Empires as well. I am really curious what Counsil's opinion is on the matter as he has 4 Ultra's and 4 Empires. My room is about ½ the size of his though.

Please don't recommend the 18.1, 18.2, 18.T's based on this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1300617 I don't care how good something may sound if it looks like crap.

So my question is: Should I get the A7-900, spend a little bit more for 4 Empires, or go over my budget by $1000 and get two more Ultra's? If I get two more Ultra's I can stack them on top of my current ones. I am pretty sure I know what I want; I just want to make sure I have explored all options first. Does anyone have any idea what 2 more Ultra's will add in db's say around 15 Hz or so?
First of all, all CHT's subs don't look like that one.

If you want deeper extension the eD won't give you more extension, just more output at the same frequencies. Same goes for the OP. If you guys want more spl at lower frequencies you have to go to multiple sealed subs(there are other alignments as well). You can buy more ultras and put them in the sealed mode but I am not sure if that will give you more output but just the same output with deeper extension. The best eD for extension will be the A7S-650. One can buy dual kits for $2000+ and that will give you deep extension with output. I am not sure if 4 sealed ultras will equal dual 13av.2 kits in output but that would be fun to compare. The kits would be much cheaper though and most likely uglier.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil /forum/post/19588569

The eD gave SPLs in the 120's.
The Ultras gave a max SPL of 107dB.

:

Wow counsil. I have to say that your SPL of 107 dB with a stack seems way low.
You had both Ultras on? I have hit 117 dB in my listening area (Iron man 2 fly by scene) with my stack. But I think your room is much larger than mine. Room size is important.

BTW your present set-up is very cool!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.