AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that dual RG6Quad runs are recommended from head end to each room to send and receive sources. My question is, how would you send a source with RCA outputs back to the head end? Modulate it, correct?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well the first possibility is to simply use one RG6 per rca connection. You just have to buy adapters to go from RCA to F connectors.

Now if you have only one wire and you want to send everything, I'm afraid you will have to use a modulator. If there is any other solution I would like to hear it too since I'm starting to have the problem.

Depending on your configuration and needs, you could use simple modulators for channel 3 and 4 for about $30. If you need other channel, then you will have to spend more money and invest in channel plus or blonder tongue.

an other possible solution will be to try to use the cat5 to carry all the signals. I've never tried that but I know that russound is capable of carrying the sound through cat5 so I guess the line level output might be supported by cat5. I've never tested it so please DO NOT TRY THIS WITH ALREADY INSTALLED WIRES. Any input anyone?

Hope this help!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Homebread
I understand that dual RG6Quad runs are recommended from head end to each room to send and receive sources. My question is, how would you send a source with RCA outputs back to the head end? Modulate it, correct?
take the output from your device (vcr/tivo/dvd) and connect it to a modulator. The output of the modulator is then placed on the RG6 feed back to the headend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.