AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that a 2.35 screen is solely for viewing movies and that the 16:9 image would be used for sporting events/16:9 material, would anyone consider using different materials?

I'm guessing not but wondered if say, a higher gain for 16:9 viewing could make sense given that it can be a less dedicated activity, i.e. some lights on, sports and company over versus firing up a DVD and going wide screen in the bat cave.

Just wondering.

Dino

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I would think there is nothing wrong with that if you want bright for those options. It is your room view how you like it.

Nate

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you; I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or would consider it to be a viable option.

·
Registered
188 Posts
thats my plan. I want to use a fixed screen matte white for my 2.35 setup and a hi power pulldown mostly because it masks the waves

·
Registered
21,371 Posts
I'm using 2 screens with 2 different materials, but I picked the brighter material ( Firehawk G3 1.25 gain ) for the 2.35:1 screen, since I don't use a lens - I zoom. That more or less makes up for the light lose with the black bars. The 16:9 screen is a Da-Lite HCCV 1.1 gain screen ( probably closer to 1.0 gain in reality ) FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts