AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several threads in this forum, where people are asking which is the best sub for their room and price range. Unfortunately, none of them have fit my situation.

I am hoping I can place speakers on two subs in my HT setup. I only have 16" on each side of the A/V Unit to fit a sub(s) and speakers. Speakers measure under 30" tall.

My area is over 9,000 Cubic Ft. I have been considering the SVS PB10-NSD, Epik Legend, HSU VTF-2 MK3, NHT B-10d and NHT B-12d, as they will all fit in my space and my budget.

Is there any problem sitting speakers on subs, and is there a brand/model that's best for my situation?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Tough restrictions....that's going to be alot like elephant hunting with a BB gun.

What are your performance goals? Reference level theater?

You have 16" in width, but what about the other dimensions? The DTS10's are 16" wide, and that level of sub is really needed for 9,000cf. But the other dimensions might not work. There are other DIY subs that can be built in "tower" fashion. Some of the JL audio options?

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
In the options you listed, I would go with the VTF2 subs. The Rythmik FV12 looks mighty interesting as well, although it's width might be too tight of a fit for your purposes. If money wasn't a consideration, I would say go with the Elemental Designs A7s-650.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts