AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really is not a dilema. About 2 months ago my Klipsch RSW-15 lost a driver. It was still under warranty so it was sent out for repair. I used this occurance as justification to purchase A SVS PB12+2 as a replacement. Told wife would try to sell the RSW when it returned. Today stereo shop calls and tells me Klipsch doesn't have the driver to repair it. I find this hard to believe since model is only one year removed from production. Next I get the "Heres what Klipsch is going to do for you line". They are going to replace it with a new RT-12d sub. I broke the news to the wife that I wont be able to sell this baby. I am going to try to run both subs together in my HT(4000 cu.ft.). I am open for any comments or sug-

gestions from you guys.

·
Registered
16,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbay /forum/post/0

They are going to replace it with a new RT-12d sub.

That's a really nice sub. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it.

A question I have to ask, however, is how do you like your SVS, alone? If you like it, then you may want to reconsider selling the RT-12d before you open it, because you'll get more for it if it's "unopened". It retails for $1999, so, depending upon what you can sell it for, you may stand to make quite a windfall.

HERE is a good review of the RT-12d, btw.

Otherwise, you're correct, there is no "dilemna". Running 2 different subs, although, perhaps, a little tricky, is definitely doable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SVS alone is a monster. It blends flawlessly with my RF-7 fronts. I have it tuned to 20HZ with no localization detected. When watching King Kong you can feel Kong breathing. My room is large (3500+ cu.ft.)and today watching a Megadeth concert the kick drums pressurized the room to the extent I had to open the door.

I did not believe when one poster claimed his could give him a headache from the pressurization. I will probably set the RT to just play from 60 HZ upward and set it to the punch mode. It will be placed directly behind my seating and I will use a delay if needed. This unit has adaptive room correction so maybe it will be easy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about it for a little and have decided to sell it once it arrives. For what I want to do something along the lines of a HSU MBM-12 will suffice. So I called 2 local Klipsch dealers to see what they are asking for theRT-12d and both of them said 1800.00. I know this is high and can probably find one cheaper so Iwill keep checking and then sell my accordingly.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would sell the RT12D and get another PB12+/2 and a SMS1 or BFD. I'm pretty sure you'd have sufficient funds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.