AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my second sub delivered 2 hours ago and have been searching online since..heres what im workin with.. onkyo txnr609, 2 klipsch rf62ii for left and right, klipsch sw450 for current sub. New sub is NXG nx-bas-500. For time being they have to be on front wall same as front left and right. Now on general basis is it better to have subs in each corner with mains closer to tv or subs 1/3 and 1/3 with L&R closer to wall. Or to have sub positioned somewhat behind L&R in corners. I know room size and other variations play factor but front wall only choice currently

·
Registered
29,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by droseofc  /t/1520202/dual-sub-placement-w-floorstanding-fronts#post_24419181

Now on general basis is it better to have subs in each corner with mains closer to tv or subs 1/3 and 1/3 with L&R closer to wall.
Try the subs on the front wall at 1/4 and 3/4 points of room width. Then try to place the L&R speakers where they form an equilateral triangle with your main listening position. I would toe in those speakers as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani  /t/1520202/dual-sub-placement-w-floorstanding-fronts#post_24419489

Try the subs on the front wall at 1/4 and 3/4 points of room width. Then try to place the L&R speakers where they form an equilateral triangle with your main listening position. I would toe in those speakers as well.
Heres initial setup...it may be not the best option with the speakers figured in, about 6 months itll be in bigger area.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The door on right is pretty much unused closet so remains shut, couch and movie rack are very movable. Pic is from leather recliner that I try to accommodate, woman and kids get the couch. Couch is in the way. I should probably just move it to other living room

1 - 5 of 5 Posts