AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard very good compliments on HSU subs both very musical and HT. I have a fairly large room 5000 cubic. I listen to very loud music and HT. What would anyone recommend? A dual set up or a single sub set up for example. VTF-3? I can not have a perfect acoustic setup because of my room size. It is very spacious, ties into dininig area, hallway, vaulted ceilings. I want to FEEL the THUMPS in gun shots and house shaking effect? I currently have a energy s10 and I borrowed a friends mirage s10. It was very nice and crisp but it did not shake my house or can I feel the LFE. I need to upgrade this is my new home much bigger. Please feel free to give me any other input or suggestions in other subs as well. My budget is around $700.00.

Thanks in advane

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I currently have an HSU 3.3 that replaced a Mirage S12. While the Mirage was a very good sub, the 3.3 is almost twice it size. It is louder and plays lower than the Mirage. Both subs excel in musicality, HSU having a slight edge.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Assuming you'll be keeping the Energy, most ID Direct subs in that Price range will give you the low end you're looking for. Multiples would be better of course, but at $700 from a SQ position one will do. Either SVS or HSU would be a sound choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts