AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a yamaha rxv573 and I am wanting to use two subs but there is only one sub out port. I have a JBL PB10 and a PSW10. I have two rca splitters. I do not know which port to put it in. I attached the picture of how it is currently connected. The bass just doesnt seem right. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,873 Posts
You appear to have nothing connected to the AVR's SUBWOOFER output. That might explain why the "bass just doesn't seem right".

Assuming that you have two male-to-male RCA cables to go from the Y-splitter to the subs, you need a Y-splitter with a single male RCA end (to connect to the AVR) that splits to two female RCA ends (into which you will plug the male-to-male RCA cables).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You appear to have nothing connected to the AVR's SUBWOOFER output. That might explain why the "bass just doesn't seem right".

Assuming that you have two male-to-male RCA cables to go from the Y-splitter to the subs, you need a Y-splitter with a single male RCA end (to connect to the AVR) that splits to two female RCA ends (into which you will plug the male-to-male RCA cables).
Is this what you are saying? I have one from each sub plugged in.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Is this what you are saying? I have one from each sub plugged in.
That is correct.

FYI, there is no need to run stereo RCA cables to subwoofers. A mono cable is all you need. ;)

Did you connect the male end of the y-splitter to the subwoofer out on the receiver?? You did not have anything connected there in your previous picture...

·
Premium Member
8,690 Posts
Hi I have a yamaha rxv573 and I am wanting to use two subs but there is only one sub out port. I have a JBL PB10 and a PSW10. I have two rca splitters. I do not know which port to put it in. I attached the picture of how it is currently connected. The bass just doesnt seem right. Any ideas?
That is correct.

FYI, there is no need to run stereo RCA cables to subwoofers. A mono cable is all you need. ;)

Did you connect the male end of the y-splitter to the subwoofer out on the receiver?? You did not have anything connected there in your previous picture...

First thing, that came to my mind.
No connection on the sub output!?

As you said, a single splitter at the AVR single sub output, sending two signals to the two subs.

Ray

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
First thing, that came to my mind.
No connection on the sub output!?

As you said, a single splitter at the AVR single sub output, sending two signals to the two subs.

Ray
I have tried everything that people have said and the issue remains. Is there such a thing as a 1 male 4 female rca splitter. That would solve this problem I think. Maybe I just dont understand what you guys are trying to say. As of right now I have one of the splitters in the sub out port. I have the other one plugged into the splitter. Could I use the AV out or not because it has both red and white.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have tried everything that people have said and the issue remains. Is there such a thing as a 1 male 4 female rca splitter. That would solve this problem I think. Maybe I just dont understand what you guys are trying to say. As of right now I have one of the splitters in the sub out port. I have the other one plugged into the splitter. Could I use the AV out or not because it has both red and white.
You plug ONE of the splitters you have into the Subwoofer OUT on the back of your AVR - you only need ONE splitter for dual subs

You then need 2 x subwoofer cables (pictured below) - you don't need a "special" subwoofer cable- any decently shielded RCA cable will do - but you only need to run a single cable to each subwoofer

Plug the Subwoofer cables in the splitter. Run a cable to each of the subwoofers and plug them into the LFE IN - if the sub doesn't have an input labelled LFE IN just use either the left or right input

Attachments

Reactions: Alan P

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you've tried everything - including what's in the attached pic - you shouldn't be having any issues.
For the win!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts