AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First an obligatory apology that I am a first-time poster and appreciate any patience that I can get, should I screw this up. But here it goes.

I can find quite a bit of information on ground loops, not that I understand most of it, but I can find nothing helpful about my specific circumstances: I only get a hum from my subwoofers when I introduce a second subwoofer. When only one is connected to the preout on my Pioneer VSX-822, there is no hum. But when I connect a male-2 female RCA Y splitter to the preout, and connect two cables from each female end of the splitter to both subwoofers...I get a hum. With those same components (the two sub cables and the Y splitter) I also attempted what the internet calls "daisy chaining," which also produced a hum. I am unclear as to whether or not daisy chaining is even a valid technique as my subs do not appear to have an output RCA of any kind.

So there you go everyone--sending a message in a bottle here. Looking for any and all expertise :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
does this occur when both subs are plugged into the same electrical outlet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts