AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw Avatar in Imax 3D and that damn thing gave me the upgrade bug
The bass was nothing short of incredible in imax, truly a heart pounding experience and since then I just cant seem to enjoy my movies at home the same way as before without feeling the urge to upgrade from my single PB10-NSD, hmmn I really miss that heart pounding bass
(thats not to say the Pb10 cant cause some high SPl but I just need some more punch)

My room is 2500cf

Now at first I wanted to stick with SVS and jump up directly to the SVS PB12-NSD since ive been very satisfied with svs workmanship and quality but now I am even considering HSU's VTF-3 MK3, so here's my dilemma what would satisfy my need for some high SPL?

Dual PB10-NSD's?

Single PB12-NSD?

or HSU VTF-3 MK3?

·
Registered
293 Posts
What is the most you are willing to spend to get that or close to it? Personally I'd do Dual PB10s and a BK (Buttkicker) for just about the same price as the Hsu (new after shipping), or perhaps a PB12 and BK if you can wing it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys after some deep research the dual PB10's will be the smart way to go for my demands, also those buttkickers have catched my interest might consider those down the road. Thanks again!

·
Registered
293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inzane /forum/post/18224457

also those buttkickers have catched my interest might consider those down the road.

If you get one, you won't know how you lived without it.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 /forum/post/18224170

I ran dual PB-10s for a while, great setup. I would highly recommend it.

Agreed that dual PB10-NSD is a potent setup, especially in a small room (mine were in a sealed

·
Registered
Da-Lite 12' wide screen, Epson 5040UB, 4 SVS subs - polk audio - 7.2.2
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inzane /forum/post/18224457

Thanks for the help guys after some deep research the dual PB10's will be the smart way to go for my demands, also those buttkickers have catched my interest might consider those down the road. Thanks again!

After we added the second pb12/2+ we disconnected our shakers. The second sub really added to the overall experience. I highly recommend going with duals based on our experience.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased a second PB10 this morning and now I await it's arrival
I will let you guys know if I completely drop some picture frames this time around and not just rattle them hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts