AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rid of my high dollar cable bill and the STB went with it. Now all I do is plug straight from the wall into the television to get my 18 or so channels.

How do I setup the connections using it this way since I don't have the rca option anymore? If I plug the cable right into the HTPC will it be able to record one and watch another or what? Having a brain fart on this so hopefully someone can help me out.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexamus /forum/post/18132158

I got rid of my high dollar cable bill and the STB went with it. Now all I do is plug straight from the wall into the television to get my 18 or so channels.

How do I setup the connections using it this way since I don't have the rca option anymore? If I plug the cable right into the HTPC will it be able to record one and watch another or what? Having a brain fart on this so hopefully someone can help me out.

Depends on your tuner... Some like the Hauppauge PVR500-MCE, just connect the coax cable to the one input and it will do everything else internal. For others, you need to split the coax and connect it to the dual coax inputs, and still for others you need to use a coax and and RCA, or 2 RCA connections...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not sure what you are asking... For each thing you want to watch or record you need a dedicated tuner. You can also get dual tuners so you can record 2 things or watch 1 and record 1. You could also get 1 tuner get a splitter hook 1 up to you htpc and the other coax to your tv and use the htpc for only recording.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighick /forum/post/18132282

Not sure what you are asking... For each thing you want to watch or record you need a dedicated tuner. You can also get dual tuners so you can record 2 things or watch 1 and record 1. You could also get 1 tuner get a splitter hook 1 up to you htpc and the other coax to your tv and use the htpc for only recording.

that seems like a good plan..that way I can still watch tv if it's recording.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.