AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Japanese coder has released Windows Drivers for the Dualshock 3 PS3 Controller with RUMBLE support!

The setup is not that complicated, but requires the installation of four drivers.

The download link below contains 4 folders/drivers, below is the explanation of each:

ds3drv_1.02 - Normal Driver

ds3drv_dx_1.02 - DX Driver

SDDriverSetting - Utility to tweak some settings

ForceFeedbackDriver - Rumble Driver, you need to install the first or second driver first before doing this.

Installation:

Download either the normal or DX driver.

Plug in your DS3 to your PC.

Open device manager and search for the Dualshock 3 (it will be under HID services with the title then open the device manager and search for the dualshock/sixaxis under hid devices, it should be called "USB Human Interface Device").

Select the Normal/DX driver and install .

Rumble Installation:

To install rumble feature, right click on the .INF file and choose INSTALL when launching a game, this should start up a TRAY icon that is used to tweak the RUMBLE settings.

The hardest part of this installation falls here, mainy because the application is written and Japeneese and no translated version is currently avaialble. A rough translation can be found below of the menus:

Window title: Rumble settings

First input box: Gain [input box] times (i.e., a multiplier)

Widget box heading: Rumble start threshold

Remaining input boxes, top-down, left-right:

a. Small motor

b. Large motor (weak) c. Large motor (medium)

d. Large motor (strong)

http://rapidshare.com/files/182539359/ds3drv.zip

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
This is pretty cool, I may use this to play my ROMS. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
np i try to stay up to date with happenings around ps an this was a good find worked for me no problems

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/15542672

do you connect by USB? I am guessing that the dualshock 3 does not send data over the USB cable, right?

if it didn't, then how would it sync via USB? Also, it needs a USB data connection with a USB controller to charge (a RAZR charger won't charge it, for example).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/15542787

if it didn't, then how would it sync via USB? Also, it needs a USB data connection with a USB controller to charge (a RAZR charger won't charge it, for example).

I charge my controllers with USB/AC wall outlet piece that I charge my Ipod with and there is data connection there...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
ok ok, I mean the controls. when the dualshock is connected by usb, it isnt sending the control signals over the USB cable, it's sending them by bluetooth. My question then is, how will the dualshock send control signals to a PC?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/15543642

ok ok, I mean the controls. when the dualshock is connected by usb, it isnt sending the control signals over the USB cable, it's sending them by bluetooth. My question then is, how will the dualshock send control signals to a PC?

no, the DS3 can also send control signals over USB. I have the other sixasis driver installed on my old PC that does not have bluetooth, and I'm able to play games with my DS3 connected via USB.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Will this work with Fallout 3 for PC? I'd like to try my PC hooked up to my big screen HDTV and compare the graphics to the PS3 version.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Out of curiosity what would you use the rumble for? I wasn't aware any PC games supported rumble.

Very cool nonetheless. I may just use this instead of buying a wireless receiver for my 360 controller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts