AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like most of you ordered a ds3 from japan (playasia). I've now had it about 3 weeks and it went bust on me. No I didn't throw it or bang it on anything. The O & L1 button just messed up. The O doesn't "click" or bounce back up and the L1 button just isn't working.

I have no clue what to do. I tried looking at the Japan playstation site for support but (surprise) it's in japanese.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? I really don't want to just throw $65 in the trash. Is there any exchange thru Playasia

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion47 /forum/post/13008814

I like most of you ordered a ds3 from japan (playasia). I've now had it about 3 weeks and it went bust on me. No I didn't throw it or bang it on anything. The O & L1 button just messed up. The O doesn't "click" or bounce back up and the L1 button just isn't working.

I have no clue what to do. I tried looking at the Japan playstation site for support but (surprise) it's in japanese.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is risky, but try opening up the controller and checking the sensors on the O button and L1. I'm not so sure what you can do about the O, but I was able to fix R1 and R2 buttons on one of my Sixaxis back in December by opening it up and moving around and fixing the sensors. However, word of caution: It will take about an hour and a half and two people to get all the sensors and buttons to line up perfectly before you hook up the back side of the controller. However, it's possible.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Last resort: Stop using it, wait 2-3 months till they come out here and then buy a new one and take the old one back.

Other than that I dunno what to tell you. Good luck.

·
Banned
131 Posts
You think some "shelf replenishing engineer" is going to check the back of the controller to see if the words are in English? I think you'll be ok taking it back.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/13015579

Last resort: Stop using it, wait 2-3 months till they come out here and then buy a new one and take the old one back.

Other than that I dunno what to tell you. Good luck.

exactly what i was thinking...

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion47 /forum/post/13046518

UPDATE:

Playasia is not accepting a return or exchange. Dam it.

That sucks. I heard they were suprisingly good at replacing defective products.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Thats Sux

1 - 17 of 17 Posts