AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a home theater novice. Please help. After researching the internet I am thinking of buying the Duakane Image Pro 9015. Desparately need some advice.

Is this the best projector for the price?

As for installation, I cannot use a ceiling mount (cathedral ceiling). Thinking about installing in or on an end table. Does the fan noice absolutely require a hush box? Any other ideas for a floor mount?

What is gamma profiling? How should I get this done?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Gamma profiling is essentially having the projectors Gray Scale calibrated via pc based software designed specifically for the DILA projector. The calibration will typically improve the contrast ratio of the projector significantly from what is received out of the box. The projector will have a completely uniform Gray Scale when viewing any source R,G,B, Component, Y/C on the projector after the calibration. Shading imperfections in the LCOS panels are adjusted, as well as 1/8 bar adjustment (individual D/A converters for each panel). The 1/8 bar adjustment is important as it can make the picture very filmlike or if out of adjustment look like very finely spaced vertical stripes throughout the picture.

If you are interested in having the calibration performed on your projector please contact me at my office at 201-342-1235 and I woould be happy to provide additional details on the service.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Check out the new JVC 150 (I don't remember the exact reference) which is basically a G15 specifically made for home theater, and which should be properly calibrated directly out of the box.

------------------

Robert

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Kag,

This is a great projector, and is the same as the JVC G15. If you search these here parts, you will find lots and lots of information on the 9015 and the JVC G15.

The search button is at the top of the forum.

These projectors do look best after calibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.