AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to have a monitor/TV/projector connected to either the S-Video or Component out to use the setup menu? I'm using the 3802 with a Panasonic 75u projector, and didn't plan on passing either s-video or component through the Denon to the projector (The 75u uses VGA/RGB connectons for component). I wanted to setup the speaker mgt, crossovers, etc, but pressing the setup button on the remote does nothing. I tried hooking up the RCA composite Monitor Out to the projector as a temp solution, but still nothing..Just a mighty blue screen on the projector.

What am I doing wrong...Seems awfully silly to not be able to use the setup without having a TV connected.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the 3802. The on screen display (OSD) is not available through the component connection. The signal is only passed through S-Video or composite hookups. I think you need a composite in cable from your source as well as the composite out you mention.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I had the RCA composite video out hooked up to the projector, and still I got just a big blue screen...IE no signal.

EDITED for Howie's EDIT (Ahhhh...I didn't have any connection between the DVD player and the 3802...Just component from DVD straight to Panny, and the RCA from 3802 to Panny).

Also, Do you have to use the OSD? Why won't it display the info, albeit truncated, on either the LED display or the LCD remote. When I press the setup button, it just sits there, dumb and happy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Robertmee,

I think you will have to use S-video if any active components are connected to the S-video input. If that model is like the 5800 or the 5803, the unit prioritizes the OSD output to the value equal to the highest quality input signal. I don't think that model outputs a component OSD. The next best output is the S-video.

I believe this to be true.

GMC:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
GMC may be right. I get at my OSD through a S-Video connection to a DirectTivo box, with a S-Video monitor out to the TV. And I believe that you have to use the OSD for setup purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.